Time & Location
About the Event
Fourth edition of the highly appreciated Online Winch Workshop.
The workshop has a theory and a practical component.
Theory: 25th September 2020, Friday 9:30pm onwards.
Practicals: 27th September 2020; 9am onwards.
These sessions cover the following:
- What is a Winch
- Different Types winches
- Winch Motors Gears
- Selection of a Winch
- Electrical & Hydraulic Considerations
- Winch Extras
- Snatch Block & Principles of Pulleys
- Winching diagrams
- Hand Signals
- Recovery Resistance Calculations
Online session ends with a fun Kahoot Quiz.
Following this, whoever can make it can register for the practical session.
- It will be a full day workshop
- First hour we revise what has been taught
- Then we go over the practical aspect
- Dos and don’ts
- Anchoring the vehicle
- Basic winching signals
- Basic winching protocols and safety
- Winch scenarios
- Usage of snatch blocks
- Repairing the synthetic line
- Land anchors and pullpal
- Tree trunk protectors
- In between we squeeze in lunch.
- Then is the exam bit.
- There will be written Mcqs
- The practical bit you will be judged individually for scenarios and the you would be broken into two groups and a complicated winch task will be assigned to you.
- Everyone who attends the practicals gets a participation certificate.
- Whoever scores 70% and above (combined practical and theory) gets course completion certificate. 70% and above is international norm and Learn Offroad follows the best practices and will not compromise on that.
Course Instructor: The course is conducted by Dr. Tejas Kothari, Asia’s only International 4 Wheel Drive Trainers’ Association (I4WDTA) certified trainer and the practical sessions happen at the Learn Offroad Training Grounds at Pali, near Mumbai.
- Online Session OnlyINR 1,770GST included+INR 44.25 Service feeINR 1,770GST included+INR 44.25 Service fee0INR 0
- Online + On Field SessionsINR 7,080GST included+INR 177 Service feeINR 7,080GST included+INR 177 Service fee0INR 0