3rd Winching Workshop
Time & Location
About the Event
Third edition of the highly appreciated Online Winch Workshop.
The workshop has a theory and a practical component.
Theory is broken up into two sessions of 2 hours each.
Session 1: 5th August 2020, Wednesday 9:30pm to 11:30pm
Session 2: 7th August 2020, Friday 9:30pm to 11:30pm
Practicals: Date TBA.
These sessions cover the following:
- What is a Winch
- Different Types winches
- Winch Motors Gears
- Components Hydraulics
- Selection of a Winch
- Electrical & Hydraulic Considerations
- Winch Extras
- Snatch Block & Principles of Pulleys
- Winching diagrams
- Hand Signals
- Recovery Resistance Calculations
Every online session ends with a fun Kahoot Quiz.
Following this, whoever can make it can register for the practical session.
- It will be a full day workshop
- First hour we revise what has been taught
- Then we go over the practical aspect
- Dos and don’ts
- Anchoring the vehicle
- Basic winching signals
- Basic winching protocols and safety
- Winch scenarios
- Usage of snatch blocks
- Repairing the synthetic line
- Land anchors and pullpal
- Tree trunk protectors
- In between we squeeze in lunch.
- Then is the exam bit.
- There will be written Mcqs
- The practical bit you will be judged individually for scenarios and the you would be broken into two groups and a complicated winch task will be assigned to you.
- Everyone who attends the practicals gets a participation certificate.
- Whoever scores 70% and above (combined practical and theory) gets course completion certificate. 70% and above is international norm and Learn Offroad follows the best practices and will not compromise on that.
Course Instructor: The course is conducted by Dr. Tejas Kothari, Asia’s only International 4 Wheel Drive Trainers’ Association (I4WDTA) certified trainer and the practical sessions happen at the Learn Offroad Training Grounds at Pali, near Mumbai. Responses to last workshop here: https://www.facebook.com/learnoffroad/photos/pcb.183419396484083/183419206484102/?type=3&theater
COST: For only theory Sessions: Rs. 2006
For both theory and practical session: Rs. 7552
- Online SessionINR 2,006GST included+INR 50.15 Service feeINR 2,006GST included+INR 50.15 Service fee0INR 0
- Online + On Field SessionsINR 7,552GST includedINR 7,552GST included0INR 0